Yesterday I made that delicious turkey breast -
and, I had lots of leftovers.
So today, a creative way to use those left overs in a new dish:
Autumn Turkey Salad over Mustard Greens
1 Delicata Squash, seeded, chopped into 1 " pieces
Red Onion, 1/2 cup chopped
Celery, 1/2 cup, chopped
Yellow Squash, 1, chopped
Mustard Greens, rib removed, sliced into ribbons
Leftover Turkey, 1 1/2 cup chopped
2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/2 cup oil (I used a combo of olive oil and walnut oil)
This is mustard greens - a big, bold green leafy green;
with a flavor to match!
It balances the flavors in this recipe beautifully!
This is a Delicata Squash - I love them - no peeling!
And next to the squash - PURPLE celery!!!
Burkholders had it - how cool is that!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place the delicata squash on a parchment lined cookie sheet
and drizzle with about 1 Tbsp olive oil.
Place in a hot oven and roast for about 20 minutes, until tender and browned.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet to heat.
- add the red onion and celery - isn't that purple celery gorgeous!
- Saute until onion is translucent over medium high heat.
- Add the yellow squash, and continuing sautéing until squash is tender.
- Add the chopped cooked turkey and stir until warmed.
- Make the dressing by combining the sugar, olive oil / walnut oil and vinegar;
season with salt and pepper.
- Place the mustard green ribbons on a large serving platter;
- Top with the roasted delicata squash;
- Top with the warmed turkey mixture;
- Dress with the prepared sherry vinegar dressing.
Ahh, yes, the green beans in the photo are not part of the recipe -
but, they were left over, so, why not - - -
I added them last minute.
This dish was like autumn on a plate.
Good for you too!